Preschool Director [Full-time]
Salary: Salary is negotiable based on education and experience.
Location: Johns Creek, Georgia
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
Johns Creek United Methodist Church invites applicants for the position of Preschool Director to begin in the summer of 2021. Johns Creek United Methodist Church is a large-membership congregation in the growing Atlanta suburb of Johns Creek, Georgia.
The preschool ministry is a vital part of JCUMC’s ministry with children. JCUMC preschool aims to provide a warm, loving, Christ-centered environment that promotes children’s spiritual, social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development. The JCUMC preschool ministry holds a strong reputation in the Johns Creek area for providing high quality early childhood education in a Christian environment.
A bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field required. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in leading and supervising other employees, educational administration, and teaching in a preschool or early elementary environment. The candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs., walk/stand for approx. 4-5 hours per day, and kneel/sit on the floor.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits are provided, but may be negotiated.
Send a cover letter, résumé, and three references to Rev. Allen Johnson: email@example.com.
JCUMC is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse staff. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply
Organist and Assistant Director of Traditional Music Ministries
Reports to: Director of Music and Worship
Classification: Full Time, with health benefits and contribution to 403b
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The responsibility of the Organist and Associate Director of Worship and Music is to support the music ministry and the Director of Worship and Music in the effective leadership of the teams that minister in the musical life of Johns Creek UMC in accordance with the church’s mission and vision.
- Primary organist for all traditional worship services and special events as assigned, including preludes, hymns, extemporization, service music, and anthem accompaniment.
- Primary accompanist for all adult, youth, and children’s choirs as assigned
- Primary director handbell choir
- Primary administrative lead for Children’s music and a small modern service
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in music
- 3 years of experience in a medium or large church or music ministry.
- Demonstrated proficiency at the organ and piano, basic keyboard skills (sight-reading, transposition, harmonization, improvisation)
- Ability to perform a wide variety of music, from 18th century Baroque to 21st century Praise and Worship
- Knowledge of church music including hymnody and the church year
- Ability to work collaboratively with Director of Worship and Music and other ministry staff
- Willing to be part of a collaborative worship team.
To apply, send resume to Nathan Frank: firstname.lastname@example.org