JOHNS CREEK UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
DIRECTOR OF CHURCH MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD CONTACT: Jennifer Wyant at email@example.com
The Director of Church Media and Communications has two core areas of oversight and creative leadership at JCUMC. First, this person works to ensure we are reaching our community through our website, social media, and weekly live-stream service, creating a welcoming digital presence that reflects our missions and ministry. Second, this person oversees the internal communications (both print and digital) within our church community so that we can continue the work of discipleship.
This is a full-time 40 hour a week position.
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Salary range: $52-$55k plus benefits
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and collaborates with the ministry directors on upcoming JCUMC ministries and missions to create a communication plan about these opportunities.
- Manage ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies, particularly Facebook and Instagram.
- Oversees the media team on Sunday mornings in coordination with the Director of Media. This includes the live stream for those worshipping online and the propresenter slides for those worshipping in-person
- Recruitment and oversight of media volunteers.
- Sends the weekly email blasts to our congregation about upcoming events plus any needed pertinent communications
- Measure social trends and web traffic and adjust plans accordingly. Also keep track of online engagement for reporting purposes.
- Proactively work to ensure JCUMC maintains an effective presence on the web including style/presence, search engines, new technology.
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) are posted regularly.
- Design art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness.
- Creating and distributing informative materials, signage and advertising, print and digital that allows visitors to sense who we are and that we value their presence.
- Work alongside the ministry and worship staff to create consistency in messaging and the JCUMC brand from all aspects.
- Coordinate with clergy staff about communications to visitors, both in person and online.
- A heart for the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, and a passion for helping others find and follow Jesus
- Degree in Communications, media or related field required.
- Experience in managing social media accounts
- Experience in web design and maintenance
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Proven ability to supervise a team of part-time staff and volunteers
- Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end
- Organized, creative, and able to manage multiple projects
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment in a calm, calculated, and mature fashion.
Required Skills: Graphic Design, Social Media Strategy, Web Design and Maintenance, Marketing Strategy, Copywriting, Multi-Tasking, Team Communication
Proficiencies in: WordPress, Planning Center, Constant Contact, Adobe Photoshop. Adobe Illustrator. Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher, Canva, Youtube, Facebook, and Instagram