Give Families in Need a Christmas They'll Never Forget
Christmas is the time of year that we focus on giving to those we love and those in need. At Johns Creek UMC, we recognize that all families deserve to have a great Christmas, despite their financial situation. Every year, we work with the Norcross Cooperative Ministry and other nearby churches to provide toys, gift cards, meals, and friendship to those who need it during this time of year.
Read About Last Year's Programs
There are multiple levels and methods of participation through our Adopt A Family and Merry Market programs. Everyone can get involved, regardless of age, schedule, financial situation, or comfort level. We encourage every JCUMC family to be involved in two key way - giving gifts and giving your time.
Adopt A Family Sign Up
Sign up to buy presents for an entire family. You have the option to select how large of a family you wish to shop for. Details on your families' ages and interests will be sent to you in November via e-mail. The Adopt a Family process includes several elements:
- Spend approximately $75 per child ($50 for Toys and $25 for clothing).
- Purchase one bible per family
- Provide a grocery store gift card for $25-50, depending on the size of the family
- Purchase gifts or gift cards for the parents (optional)
Early Drop-Off Sunday is December 2 | Drop-Off Sunday is December 9
Donate to the Merry Market Sponsor A Child Registry
- Stocking stuffers for teens
- New hoodies, gloves, and pajamas
- Snacks for our volunteers
- $25 gift cards to Target or WalMart
You can also visit the Merry Market's online gift registry to click and ship. Search for Merry Market to find our registry. You can also shop for one child through the Sponsor A Child program
Don't have time to shop? You can give a financial contribution and our team will do the shopping for you! More information coming soon.
Giving Your Time
Most activities require light lifting and constant movement. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Individual volunteers must be 16 years old to serve without an adult guardian present. Any group of children under the age of 18 from an organization or club must have an adult chaperone for every group of four children.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com
- Move and unload toys
- Set up the Merry Market
- Sort toys
- Bake cookies or make goodie bags for families visiting the Merry Market
- Greet guests
- Be a Bilingual Elf - if you speak and understand Spanish, we will need your help in communicating with some of our shoppers.
- Manage and monitor market stations
- Host families visiting the Merry Market by joining them while they pick out their presents "in His presence" at Peachtree Corners Baptist Church or Norcross First United Methodist Church
- Carry shoppers' bags to their cars
- Take down the Merry Market
Volunteer opportunities take place at the Norcross Cooperative Ministry, Peachtree Corners Baptist Church, and Norcross First United Methodist Church.
About the Merry Market
About the Norcross Cooperative Ministry
NCM is a faith-based, non-profit, ecumenical ministry dedicated to providing emergency assistance to families in Norcross, Georgia and surrounding areas of Gwinnett County. NCM is supported by twenty three local churches and numerous businesses, civic and social organizations, foundations, and individuals.
They now serve 50 to 70 families per day from a 12,000 square foot facility. Over the years, services have expanded to more than just a food pantry. They have on-site hiring events, job readiness classes, money management courses and regular health fairs.The ministry also works closely with local agencies to help meet the many needs of their clients and to develop better ways to serve the community.