By Miranda McLaren
As you have probably noticed, we have a great problem on our hands: our children’s ministry is growing, particularly Sunday school and Children’s Church! One of the consequences of the increasing number of kids is that we need additional help with the check-in process.
A warm smile, basic computer skills, and a willingness to greet both families visiting Johns Creek UMC and those who are members of Johns Creek UMC are the requirements to serve in the capacity as a Check-in Attendant for Children’s Church and Sunday school. The time commitment is minimal, approximately 30 minutes on any Sunday you choose to serve, but the impact will be of tremendous value to our church family. Please consider sharing your time and talent to serve the families of our church. If you are interested, please continue reading for more information. Children’s Check-in Attendant Additional Information. In a nutshell: we need a few people to set up the check-in stations and be present at the check-in locations during the check-in times (Sunday school 9:30-10:00; Worship 10:45-11:10). If you serve during the Sunday school check-in time, you would be in your class at or near the beginning of the lesson; if you serve during worship check-in, you’d only have to miss the last 8-10 minutes of your class. We will train volunteers and make sure you have all the information you need. Volunteers can sign up by emailing email@example.com or use the signup link below. http://signup.com/go/orEfcha
Check-in Attendant Volunteer Job Description
The children’s check-in attendant will greet parents warmly and help to ensure that their children are checked into Sunday school in an efficient and welcoming way.
- Greet parents and answer basic questions about children’s Sunday School, Children’s Church, and other children’s ministry activities
- Assist parents with the check-in process when necessary
- Change printer paper and do simple troubleshooting when computer issues arise
- Connect new parents and children with Kirby and/or other children’s Sunday school leaders
- Schedule your own backup person if you can’t make your commitment (we’ll have a list)
- Set up computer check-in stations Sundays by 9:30 A.M.
- Be present at check-in stations Sundays from 9:30 A.M. – 10:00 A.M.
- Be present at check-in stations Sundays from 10:45 A.M. – 11:10 A.M.
- After worship, put away check-in stations
- Basic competence in operating a computer (turning it on, opening a program, typing, using the mouse)
- A spirit of hospitality and readiness to greet parents
Willingness to learn about the general operation of children’s ministry to answer basic parent questions (e.g., where do children go, when should they be picked up, what to do if a child has allergies, etc.)