Welcome to JCUMC Recreation Program
A MINISTRY OF JOHNS CREEK UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Gotta Run Kids Registration Open
Our 5k program is an eight-week co-ed running program suitable for 3rd – 8th grade children. The program will develop and encourage children of all running abilities to progress from their current level of fitness to being able to complete a 5k race after the program. By reaching small milestones throughout the course of the program, the children’s self-confidence will increase in tandem with their ability to run further distances and improve their times.
What to Expect
The program will involve twice weekly, one-hour practices. Practices will include, stretching, running and light core training. The eight-week program will culminate in a 5km Race (entry fee included in registration). Parents are welcome to join in the practices and run for free!
5k Program (3rd – 8th grade)
When & Where: JCUMC (Mondays & Thursdays)
Cost: $150 (incl. shirt and 5k entry)
Duration: March 19th – May 6th
1 Mile Club (K-2nd grade)
Gotta Run Kids Junior is a 6 week, co-ed running program suitable for k-2nd grade children. The group meets once a week for a 45 minute lesson. Our last lesson will be a 1 mile run where the kids who complete the run will be awarded a medal.
The program will incorporate games to teach the kids about running form and to work on their endurance with the goal of building up to a mile. We will also do a small amount of core and stretching at the beginning and end of each lesson.
Where & Where: JCUMC (Thursdays)
Time: 4:30pm – 5:15pm
Cost: $100 (including shirt)
Duration: 6 weeks (March 22nd – May 6th)
For more information, check out our website www.gottarunkids.com,
Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/gottarunkids) or call Coach Patterson (678-549-5888)
SPRING SOCCER REGISTRATION IS CLOSED – Teams are being formed – Wait List Registration is still open!
- Registration will be open through February 11th.
- Teams will be completed by February 16th
- Coaches meeting on February 16th
- Optional Practice will start the week of February 19th
- Schedule will be completed by Feb 25th
- Official Practice will start the week of February 26th
- First game will be March 10th
- We will not have Games on March 31st and April 7th due to Spring Break and Holy Week.
- We will not have practice the week of April 2nd
- Last game will be May 12th. The Soccer Program will be open through the weekend of May 19th for any makeup games.
**New updates for this season**
- This will be the last season for our current soccer jerseys as they are going out of production soon and we received negative feedback about the current jerseys from the end of season survey. We have picked a jersey and the expectation is for it to be in production and for us to use this new style for 5-7 years. It is a better quality jersey!
- We wanted to give everyone notice so they could stretch out another season in their current jersey if possible!
- We understand no time is the best time to make this change, however a new jersey is needed and our plan is to change Fall season 2018
- We have also worked diligently to align our game schedule with team that play as we play on the field. They will still be competitive, just more Christian based programs.
- We will use a wait list this year for teams that do not have coaches. Please be aware if you register and you are put on a waiting list. As soon as a coach is confirmed we will release the first in line from registration onto the teams.
- Look for the practice day preference section in the registration. Please put 3 choices in order of preference for your practice days. We will use this to better align teams and practice days!
What makes us special?
All of our players will play at least 50% of the game as this is a developmental league based off fun and learning.
We stress the importance of learning both offense and defense and players will have the opportunity to rotate in games throughout the season.
Giving opportunities – We will collect old soccer cleats, uniforms and soccer balls and will be donating to less fortunate local soccer programs.
JCUMC Soccer Skill Sessions – We are please to offer skills sessions this season!
In the spring season of 2018 we will offer additional soccer skill sessions for all participants. This is optional based on you and your player’s desire. If you would like to participate, please sign up! We will open this registration after we have created all rosters and practice schedules.
4 Co-Ed Sessions/week – Choose one! (15 players max/session)
Session 1 – U8 and U10 – Tuesdays from 5 PM to 6 PM
Session 2 – U12 and U14 – Tuesdays from 6 PM to 7 PM
Session 3 – U8 and U10 – Thursdays from 5 PM to 6 PM
Session 4 – U12 and U14 – Thursdays from 6 PM to 7 PM
Week 1 – 3/13 or 3/15 Week 2 – 3/20 or 3/22
Week 3 – 3/27 or 3/29 Week 4 – 4/10 or 4/12
Week 5 – 4/17 or 4/14 Week 6 – 4/24 or 4/26
Week 7 – 5/1 or 5/3 Week 8 – 5/8 or 5/10
The cost for the series of 8 skill sessions will be $80.
Please click “Register” to sign up for these great skill sessions.