Welcome to JCUMC Recreation Program
A MINISTRY OF JOHNS CREEK UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
BIG NEWS! GOTTA RUN KIDS WILL NOW BE OFFERING A PROGRAM AT JCUMC!
Description of Program
Our 5k program is an eight-week co-ed running program suitable for 3rd – 8th grade children. The program will develop and encourage children of all running abilities to progress from their current level of fitness to being able to complete a 5k race after the program. By reaching small milestones throughout the course of the program, the children’s self-confidence will increase in tandem with their ability to run further distances and improve their times.
The Gotta Run Kids program would be suitable for the following children:
- Children who are not involved in other sports, but who want to achieve a level of fitness.
- Children, who are involved in other sports, but need to improve/maintain their level of fitness.
- Children who already run, but would like to improve their technique and endurance.
- Students who are not eligible for running on the school track team due to age restrictions, but who want to prepare for track try-outs when eligible.
- Runners wanting to “get to the next level”.
- Children who haven’t found their “niche” in another sport.
What to expect
The program will involve twice weekly, one-hour practices. Practices will include, stretching, running and light core training. The eight-week program will culminate in a 5km Race (entry fee included in registration). Parents are welcome to join in the practices and run for free!
What you need
A pair of running shoes, a water bottle, and a smile!
When & Where: JCUMC
Mondays and Thursdays
Cost: $150 (incl. shirt and 5k entry)
Duration: Jan.15th – March 3rd
Need More Information?
Registration – www.gottarunkids.com. You will need to register a new Blue Sombrero account for this club program. You can use the same credentials as your JCUMC Blue Sombrero account but you must reregister.