The JCUMC Youth program ministers to middle school and high school students with outreach continuing throughout their college years. They meet on the third floor of the education building, also known as the “Youth Floor.” Designed to be a welcoming place for teens, youth gathers there regularly to share in worship, study and have fun. Students are encouraged to participate in a wide variety of experiences that build faith and strengthen their relationships with God, family, community and each other.
Brittany Sanders, Pastor of Youth Ministry
770-497-8215 X 1211
Sunday school classes meet from 9:45 am to 10:45 am on the Youth Floor. Students are guided through weekly Bible study and discussion where they gain faith knowledge as well as grow spiritually.
Our classes meet in the following rooms:
- 6th Grade | 315
- 7th & 8th Grade | 320
- 9th & 10 Grade | 322
- 11th & 12 | 323
Confirmation Sunday takes place in May and is a special event. Confirmands are welcomed into the church family during the worship service. Afterwards, students and their families are invited to attend a celebratory reception in the Gathering Room.
The Youth Floor is open for students to enjoy on Sunday evenings. Catalyst begins with a time of snack and fellowship followed by age level discussion groups, praise and worship, and games. Topics for worship and age level groups range from life lessons to theological teachings. Halloween, Christmas, and Super Bowl Sunday are always occasions for parties, pizza, and a great time together.
- Middle and High School Youth Group – 5:15 – 7:15 pm
Church on Wednesday (C.O.W.) gives students a mid-week opportunity to get together with friends after Cafe 2:42. The Youth Floor opens at 6:00 pm and students have some time to socialize, engage in discipleship, and support each other in prayer before we leave.
- Family Dinner – 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- Youth Floor Opens – 6:00 pm
- Group Time – 6:15 pm - 7:17 pm
YOUTH PROGRAM REGISTRATION
Two program registration forms are required annually. They are submitted once in August, cover every youth event throughout the school year, and are valid until August of the following year. We are not permitted to take a student off-campus until these forms are on file in the youth office.
- Permission Slip Waiver / Emergency Numbers – In compliance with JCUMC Safe Sanctuary policies and to ensure the safety of your child this form must be completed and signed by a parent, notarized, and turned into the youth office before a student is eligible to participate in any off-campus activity. Page 2 is the Student/Parent Information Form. This form provides important family contact information so that we may keep you informed of Youth Program announcements and events. It allows us to update your email addresses and phone numbers every fall and also serves as your family’s subscription to the weekly Youth News Update email.
- 2017-2018 Permission Slip Waiver/Emergency Form